Built ins: Go Big or Start over

I love adding built ins to a home. New construction or existing I think it makes such a difference. I can't imagine the following images without these built ins. The first photo is just simple painted shelving that was added to the recessed area inexpensive but huge return on how fabulous it looks. 


This hallway would have been so boring without this bookcase. We added the library lights for even a more custom look
This family room we stepped out of the box and didn't do open built ins. One on left hold the TV. Other side blankets and books and kids toys. Painted a color by Benjamin Moore called Sea Haze with glaze. 
The bunk room was added to this very long bedroom. Adding the windows help with light and make it fun like being on a cruise ship!
Hope everyone is staying warm. Ice and cold weather where I am. So ready for spring!!
Xo
Stacy 

4 comments:

Gillan said...

Hi Staci-
I'm a new reader. Found you through Cote De Texas. I love what you do and I am so impressed with the can-do attitude you have and the great ideas you come up with that are often inexpensive and impactful!! Question for you--Are the hallway bookcases and the family room bookcases with the "X" designs custom? or were you able to find those ready made and had them built in? Thanks for your wonderful Blog and awesome ideas!- Gillan

Sparkling Like A Diamond said...

Great post. I love the family room doors. They totally transform the room. Very pretty color.

Unknown said...

Thank you !

Unknown said...

Yes those were designed by me for those particular spaces and then painted glad you liked them 😊

Post a Comment