The White House (Series)

I have a serious addiction to white houses. I have no idea where this comes from. Maybe if I spend some time in therapy I might discover the reason. Until then I just continue to be addicted to white houses. I should also say I haven't met a brick that couldn't be painted 'white!'
This is one in a series (yes I have plenty to share with you) of a brick I found unattractive and in need of paint. My favorite product is not exterior paint but a product made by Boral Brick called Boral ReCote. Its specifically for brick and on the Boral website this is their definition:
ReCote™, Master Wall's textured masonry coating, creates instant character by adding a beautiful, lightly textured flat finish. This acrylic textured coating is specifically formulated for direct application to masonry, concrete and tilt-up concrete panels. ReCote™ is designed for application with texture spray equipment, but may also be applied with a brush or roll 
I call it White Magic in a Bucket. It can totally transform a home into something completely different. -http://www.boralna.com/bricks/masonry-coatings.asp
 This house had a pink brick that we decided to paint in a soft white. This photo was before we added a new front door. I suggested to leave the shutters off for a cleaner look.

Happy Friday. The White Addiction continues. 
xo
SJ

1 comments:

momof3 said...

Beautiful. Love love painted brick!

Post a Comment