Renovate to sell

Clients that want to sell their homes don't want to spend money. I completely understand. The 13 houses I have renovated for myself all required updates to get them sold. So I totally get when they tell me I don't want to spend any money to sell but the saying "you need to spend money to make money " is very true.
This house was a home in a neighborhood with homes in the million dollar price bracket but it did not look like a million dollar home. It had sat on the market for over a year when the seller contacted me to give my opinion on why no one would pay them 1.5 million. This home would be lucky to sell at a million even with updates as it didn't have a wow factor. It was a custom built home but the seller didn't do anything special. 
This master bath is a good example of that as it had a very unattractive porcelain tile, cultured marble counter tops and brass fixtures with a dark brown cabinet
Plus for a master bath it just wasn't glamorous nor was the lighting 
We tried to be cost conscious andsaved the  cabinets  by painting in a Benjamin Moore white dove high gloss
We replaced the tile with a natural travertine stone from Lowes and the countertop was a beautiful marble with undermount square sinks new fixtures in bronze  New lighting from Circa www.circalighting.com
New frameless shower door 
Shower fixtures in bronze by Delta 
Tub remained and we changed gold fixtures to bronze 
New cabinet hardware and we have a fresh master. Not over the top glamour but tastefully done and one a new buyer would appreciate. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment