The White Kitchen:

I was thinking this morning how much I miss transforming brown kitchens to white and that I wonder if I will ever want a wood stained kitchen. That thought lasted about one minute. When I look at real estate listings either on my Knoxville mls or on realtor.com at homes across the country I rarely find a wood stained kitchen that I love. So when I find a kitchen filled with darkness I can't help but think (I can't wait to have this kitchen repainted or ripped out ) This kitchen had just been remodeled. I know even my own Mother wouldn't have painted these cabinets and maybe I am adopted.  The backsplash was new as well as the granite tops. The sink was an undermount and the faucet was in the bronze family( also not a family I can relate to) The cabinet hardware were  cup pulls and although I don't love those I didn't want to sand and fill holes so we replaced them with like kind in a polished nickel finish. 
We painted the cabinets in Benjamin Moore white dove in a high gloss as I like a little shine. The walls are Benjamin Moore Natural creme. The counter tops are polished calcutta gold marble and the back splash is Lowes subway tile with a grey grout. 
The sink is a Kohler farm sink specifically for remodels and the faucet is by Rohl in polished nickel. 
Hope you enjoy your Wednesday. I am dreaming of my next white kitchen. 
xo
SJ












0 comments:

Post a Comment