Don't Spend Money in all the wrong places

A sweet family contacted me for a consult on their home. It was their second home and was a typical builder grade home with basic finishes. They had done a few updates with lighting, hardwoods and paint. They were ready to do some other things to make it more appealing to them and to potential buyers in the future. Their long term goal is to build so while they wanted to update they didn't want to spend money in all the wrong places. ( sounds like a country song!) Anyway, I told them to do the following updates to their home. 
1. Update the master bath. Their current bath had an ugly tub and a one sink vanity for a master. Usually a deal breaker for a buyer. The good news is they have enough room to add a double vanity. 
Like this photo I found on www.houzz.com
Double vanities in master bathrooms are a must have




This photo has a soaking tub which is a good replacement to the big ugly jacuzzi tub. 

Or for me I don't use a tub so having a larger shower is a luxury. I wouldn't be hesitant to eliminate the tub from the master as long as a secondary bath had a tub.  Families with children usually need a tub.

This kitchen photo I found on realtor.com shows a nice neutral kitchen with painted white cabinets.
I told my client to paint his cabinets (they were cherry) a nice white. My favorite as most of you know is White Dove by
www.benjaminmoore.com  in a semi gloss finish. White kitchens sell, make the space look bigger and brighter. 

another great place to spend money is on a new front door. Glass helps bring the light in so do something interesting. This is one of my favorite photos (not sure of source) A new front door is the only item (per the National Association of Realtors)
that you can get 100% return on investment.

To add new mirrors is another way to update a space. Look at places like www.homegoods.com

This kitchen is one I did it was a custom kitchen with an amazing island with white cabinets and a grey blue island

Another great way to update a house is to paint the exterior brick white or cream. White houses statistically sell faster so why not paint it white. 

White house with custom doors sold in one day. I rest my case!

For something simple just add a fabulous window box on your windows so simple but beautiful.

Happy Monday! Gorgeous weather in East Tennessee.
Need to make some changes to your home to stay or to sell... call me  865-803-2918
sJ
Stacy Jacobi Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment