New House



I am so excited to be back in Knoxville ( but missing my sweet Chick Fil A husband who by the way is very busy selling Chicken!)) I am excited to be working on a project in Sequoyah, one in the Duncan area, one in Westmoreland and a few selections for a builder in Jefferson Park. Today I toured a few homes in Bridgemore  a neighborhood in Farragut. One was a new construction and another a resale. I love looking at houses it is an addiction that I never tire of and one I can always talk about. 
I am currently renting a 900 sq. foot small white cottage with my two teenage daughters. We are patiently waiting to close on our next house #16 in Knoxville. This one is a Knox Box as some would call it. It has the usual layout formal living room ,dining ,kitchen and family room. It has all the bedrooms up and I am so excited about my little box. I have so many ideas in my head I would like to try some are my typical ones like the house below (no its not my new one) which is a painted brick house. I would love to paint the new one all ivory it would look amazing. New front door made especially special from Sam Vargas out of Morristown. He is a true craftsman and the sweetest man. 





Here is another picture of an older home painted white. I love a white painted brick house. I wonder if I will ever get tired of it probably not.
 The wood floors in the new house need to be refinished and there is no time or budge for it but how cute would it be to paint some stripe on it. I would need the fabulous Lynn Arnwine to paint that dreamy vision for me. She is another amazing dream maker in Knoxville. She can do anything and then some when it comes to faux finish, painting furniture and art.
I have also inherited in the new house brown kitchen cabinets. My close friends think its funny that I wont' have those painted immediately upon closing. Well I am trying to figure out a way if closing is at 10am then painting begins at 10:01. I have also inherited green granite on the island and tan quartz on the perimeter. I would love to do marble or even a white quartz top and just do an all white kitchen with some amazing island lights like these Hicks pendants. Will see what the budget allows. 
 Just like this photograph of an all white cabinet with just black counters looks classic and amazing.
No matter what you inherit in your house if you don't like it paint it! If you think its ugly it probably is so get rid of it. You don't have to spend a ton of money. There are plenty of places to get lighting to update your home without spending a fortune.


Finally here is my new house and hopefully the next time you see it we will have a transformation to show you. I am hopeful David won't notice that the house was once brown and the next time he sees it, it could be painted. Wonder if most husbands would notice :) My new motto: Love Where you Live.
Happy Friday.
xo
Stacy Jacobi Interiors
If I can help with any of your design or real estate needs please call me
865-803-2918


4 comments:

Sparkling Like A Diamond said...

Love your new house! Can't wait to see how you transform it!

Unknown said...

I always like your blog because your blog is all time updated with new designs and trends . Keep updating more like this. There are many innovative sites with which we makeover our small bathrooms with creative bathroom floor tile and bathroom design ideas and get your bathroom looks wonderful.

Unknown said...

Finally, the house hunting is at an end, with the one in Knoxville being this close to being yours. At least you can relax a bit now. Yes, it's wise to take this time to think of several ways you can renovate or redesign your soon-to-be home. You have a lot of references with all the houses you have previously looked at. Maybe you can look at a few more while waiting. Cheers!

Willard Evans @ WOW! Homes

Jacqueline said...

I love the house. I love how the white criss crosses across the floor. I think the white brick is a great house. There is something so nice about a white house in the south. I have not lived in Tennessee for a few years now but that is something I brought up north with me. So far I'm happy.

Jacqueline @ Buyer's Option Realty Services

Post a Comment